Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Practical Joke #1.01

So, remember this post? There is more to the story. First, Sis. R. didn't really know it was me. I think her companions told her that I had been by. So, although it was obviously me that put the cheese on her pillow, she actually believed me when I told her I was coerced by Elder G.

A couple of weeks later, my companion and I had an opportunity to go to the University Mall in Provo. While there, she and I visited the Missionary Emporium. This was a store exclusively made for missionaries. One of the things it had was a "Dear John" wall -- hilarious! -- and a "Please write me" wall. On this particular wall, missionaries would post a note asking for letters and would add their address. Usually, it was an Elder asking for girls to write him. Since my companion and I were there, we decided to help out a fellow missionary. We wrote a sappy note from Elder G. (the same Elder that "coerced" me to putting the cheese on Sister R.'s bed).

Getting back to the MTC, we told everyone what we had done. We laughed about it and Elder G. thought we were lying. I assured him we were not and if he got a letter, to not be surprised. In the meantime, Sister R. wrote a letter and had a cousin mail it from southern UT. Elder G. received this letter and then realized that I was not lying....his name and address really was up on the wall in the mall.

Of course, he didn't know that the letter was written by Sister R. But what was funny was that he soon received another letter--and none of us wrote it. He actually had received a letter from someone who had read the sappy note and took pity on him.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

You now have me wondering if I was ever the victim of one of your evil plots! Maybe you had reformed by the time I met you, but something tells me that isn't the case. :)

Beefche said...

Ha! Haven't you found it yet??? I left a little reminder of me in your pillow. >;)

Tricia said...

LOL! I should have know that cricket couldn't find it's way into my pillow all by itself!