Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Practical Joke #1

As many embarrassing moments I have, I have practical jokes I've done. One was while I was in the MTC.

One of the sisters in my district hated Parmesan cheese. Hated it! Whenever we had pasta for dinner, she would sit by herself to avoid the view and smell of the cheese.

Once, my companion got sick while we were in class. Our teacher excused us to leave early for our dorm room. As we passed by the cafeteria, behold! a light shone on a lone container of Parmesan cheese on a table. Seriously, I expected to hear angels singing. The cafeteria was closed for the night, but a door was ajar with this single light shining on an empty table--except for the fated Parmesan cheese.

Of course I had to take advantage of that moment. So my companion and I entered the cafeteria, placed some cheese in a piece of paper, folded it and went to our room. Once my district was dismissed for the evening, I was able to go into Sister R's room, lovingly spread the cheese all over her pillow, and joyfully make my way back to my room.

Suddenly, I heard lots of cursing with my name interspersed (in her defense, she says she doesn't remember using curse words and that she doesn't use them--whatever, I heard cursing). I hurriedly ran to her room to shush her (we are in the MTC--a most hallowed place). She cursed me for doing something so evil to her. Now, I am not about to take all the credit for this act of kindness. I was able to convince Sister R that I was bribed by Elder G to do this. She then turned her wrath from me to Elder G. I had become an innocent pawn in the evil plot of Elder G.

But, that my friends, is another story...

1 comment:

Funny Farmer said...

What I wanna know is, how did she know it was you who did it?