Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Blah Blah to me

Today is my birthday. And it's a milestone birthday which means that it's depressing. Ok, not depths of despair depressing, but depressing in that I have to face reality that I'm getting older.

Aren't I supposed to be wiser or something when I'm older? I certainly don't feel it. In fact, I was playing the game, "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" and realized that nope, I'm not. Especially in science and math.

Then I thought about how being wise isn't necessarily about being book smart. Life experiences teach us a lot, right? So, why do I do dumb things like not bring sunglasses to a country ruled by sun?

So, I've decided that wisdom is for other people. It's wasted on the youth anyway and since I don't want to admit that I'm getting old, then it would be wasted on me.

3 comments:

Michael Larsen said...

Happy Birthday, Beefche :). Always remember that chronoilogy is mandatory, but maturity and wisdom are always personal choices you can choose to make... or not (LOL!).

~pollyanna said...

Happy Birthday dear friend... Today was my son and dil's 1st anniversary...

I have decided that "older & wiser" is something that sneaks up on you when you least expect it... [wink]

Funny Farmer said...

I've been thinking about you all day and tried to chat when you showed being online earlier but I missed you. I hope you are having a fantastic time in the Mexican sun!

--The Incredibly Jealous Friend living in 12 inches of new snow.