Friday, September 5, 2008

STOP teasing me!


I consider myself an intelligent woman. But I have moments that I wonder about that intelligence. Let me share one.

Remember my jokester friend? Once while we were at church, he began to feel unwell and needed a ride home. I offered to take him which entailed driving the backroads through a lot of cornfields. There were a lot of 4-way stops and being the law-abiding citizen that I am, I actually stopped at them. Well, J. informed me that at a 4-way stop, you didn't have to come to a complete stop if the stop sign had a white border and there were no other cars. I didn't believe him at first, but he convinced me he was serious.

We then come up to the next 4-way stop--and I blow through it. There were no cars and there was a white border on the stop sign. J. screams at me, asking me what I was doing and why I didn't even slow down. I calmly reminded him that the stop sign had a white border, so I didn't need to stop. He rolled his eyes and informed me that ALL stop signs have white borders. Huh, who knew?

1 comment:

Funny Farmer said...

I LOVE THIS STORY!!!

Too funny.