Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Holiday blues

Blue is my favorite color...especially the deep, dark midnight blue. But I don't like to feel that way. Today marks 6 months to the day that my mom passed away.

I really miss her. I think about her each day and I truly think I will continue to do so. Sometimes the memories get too much and I have to shut them down for sanity's sake.

As I think on my memories of mom and how much that sometimes hurt, I'm reminded of our Heavenly Home. I've always thought we had the veil drawn over our memories to help us live by faith. Now, I think there are other reasons as well. Grief can be incapacitating--how much we would have grieved over our prior home could have prevent us from doing our duty. Living in memory would be a impediment to our growth as well. If we were to dwell on what was in our pre-mortal existence, then we could not see the good and growth available in the present.

I think it will be an interesting day when we will remember things we have forgotten. Do you think I'll be able to find my favorite book and gold watch then?

1 comment:

Funny Farmer said...

I'm sorry Christine. The holidays are hard after losing a loved one. It affected me more than I thought it would. I hope you had a nice gathering with your family.