Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Eat-Too-Much-Then-Take-A-Nap Day!

Oh, wait...most people call this Thanksgiving Day. And it is. I'm thankful that I have so much food to eat. I'm grateful that I have family members who can cook really, really well. I'm grateful that I'm not a picky eater. I'm grateful for Chinette large size plates. I'm grateful for chocolate. I'm grateful for whipped cream. I'm grateful for Diet Pepsi. I'm grateful for comfortable couches. I'm grateful for ball games to lull me to sleep. I'm grateful for getting my second wind to eat again.

Yep, definitely Thanksgiving Day.

1 comment:

Funny Farmer said...

Ditto to all of that... except, I always miss out on the napping part, somehow? With all the cleanup, then boning the turkey, then a second round of eating, more cleanup... whew.

We had lots of very yummy food. I brined the turkey this year and I think I may do it that way from now on. It was very moist and flavorful. The stuffing was perfect, the yams nice and rich... and yet, no one thing really hit the spot for me. I didn't really overeat that much--which I can't complain about.