Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I get some money!

Hey, I choose to be positive about our election and the president-elect.

Now, my government is going to give me, the middle class, money. I probably won't get any raises because they are going to take it away from my company, but hey, money in my pocket.

We will have world peace because president-elect Obama will sit down unconditionally with our enemies.

I'll have free health care that our government will pay for. Again, I won't have to pay for it because it'll come from the evil big corporations (who pay my salary).

I'll have more freedom to hate on America because our president-elect seems to enjoy the company of people like that.

The newspapers will print nothing but glowing, wonderful news from now on....because president-elect Obama is the messiah.

And the best news of all? None of these things will take much time at all because our Congress will be behind the president-elect every step of the way--they come from the same side of the party!

Yahoo!

5 comments:

Michael Larsen said...

I gots some news for you, Beefche... the honeymoon period will be very brief. The debt and economic issues that we are facing will not be solved with platitudes, they will need real world action plans and a willingness to improvise, which will likely mean that many promises will have to be modified if not outright broken. And the media will descend upon Obama as they do all candidates... because all they really care about is profitability in ratings, and as of this moment, the media is not state owned (yet :) ). I'm predicting a brief love fest, followed by some genuine rancor if things don't get moving.

And I wouldn't count on seeing more money in your pocket either, we're in too deep of a fix for direct tax breaks at this stage of the game.

This cynicism brought to you by a life long FDR/JFK Democrat :).

Beefche said...

Yeah, whatever, you liberal crazy democrat! :D

He promised us! And ALL politicians keep their promises, right? Right?!?

Monica said...

Ya - he promised change. All we have heard about is the CHANGE he is going to make. Then last night he gave himself an out. Something like "it won't be in a year, and maybe not in 1 term. but we will have change". What a greasy used car salesman! Oh well - we just have to ride it out now.

Mary Ann said...

Greasy used car salesman?

Hmmm.... that's what Bill Clinton reminded me of when he was running for president.

Of course ALL politicians keep their promises Beefche!
Everyone knows that!


NOT!

~pollyanna said...

LOL... that is all...