Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Blagodarnost

That's Bulgarian for thanksgiving. Just a quick list of things for which I'm grateful:

  • A septic system that flushes toilet paper. And that I don't have to use any more Joseph Smith First Vision pamphlets to do my business (it seemed so wrong to use that, but what was a missionary to do when there was no toilet paper anywhere in the country?)

  • Music and the ability to carry a decent tune.

  • Friends who make me laugh and cry with me (sometimes they make me cry from laughter).

  • Modern day conveniences for a fertile woman.

  • Family who drives me batty but loves me unconditionally.

  • Mountain Dew for stressful days.

  • A wood burning fireplace with plenty of wood.

  • A supportive and uplifting bra. (you thought I was going to say friend, weren't you?)

  • The extended version of Lord of the Rings with the cast commentary (if you haven't watched it, you are missing on some mighty humorous commentary).

  • Men with their manly quirks (of course, this is coming from a single woman....).

  • College basketball.

  • Nice smelling candles...lots of them.

  • Sleeping alone which means I can make noises and smells without embarrassment (except when I blog about it)--see previous entry.

  • Healthy and pretty teeth.

  • Being a Daughter of God.

  • The means and ability to travel and experience the grandeur of God's creations.

  • The fact that Dove and Ghiradelli dark chocolate are not against the Word of Wisdom (since I'm a chocolate snob, not just any chocolate gets my motor running).


No comments: