Thursday, October 16, 2008

Work Story #1

I've been saying for a long time that I should write some memoirs of the stories from my place of employment. We've had some doozies. So, I'll start with one of the most bizarre.

A few years ago, I worked with a woman who was "interesting." She just didn't think like others. As I was chit-chatting with another female cow-orker, she came up to tell us that she had had an accident in her underwear (she was wearing a dress that day). She continued her story by telling us she took off her underwear, washed them in the restroom, then took them outside to hang them to dry. We asked her where she hung them. She said she placed them on top of a bush (all the bushes were in front of actual offices). Thus, someone in another office could gaze out of his window and find pink women's underwear on the bush directly next to his window!

I couldn't understand why she didn't go to the Target or Walmart that is literally a 5 minute drive from our office to purchase new ones. Nor could I understand why she choose us to air her dirty laundry (pun intended).

Later that day, she reported to us that her underwear had dried and she was able to put them on....while behind the bush. When we asked her if anyone was in the office, she asked us, "What office?" She didn't know that behind the big window she stood in front of was an office with people who really work there.

2 comments:

Michael Larsen said...

Wow, and I thought *I* had interesting co-workers (LOL!).

Funny Farmer said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That's almost too bizarre to believe.