Monday, April 28, 2008

Buggin' out!

I hate bugs. I don't mind them so much when I'm outside (except for bees). My reasoning is that I'm in their residence. But, if I see one in the house, I get a little freaky. It's one thing that makes me really upset that I'm not married--because it's HIS duty to kill them.

When I first moved into my house, I didn't have any furniture except for my bed. So I sat on my living room floor to do paperwork. One night I'm sitting on the floor doing some stuff when I felt something on my hand. As I looked down to see what it was, I realized that it couldn't be anything other than a bug. It was big and black and after the echos of my screams died down I was able to grab my can of Raid and attack it. Eww, (shudder) just thinking about it makes me want to shriek.

When I was living with roommates, we each had our own room. On one particular night, M. was working late and T. and I had already gone to bed. Suddenly, out of the blue, I heard a scream. Not just one scream but a series of screams. I quickly left my bed and ran to T.'s room. She was screaming and pointing to her bed. She said that there was a cricket in her bed. After inspecting the bed (which was funny since we both were squeamish about it), we discovered that somehow a cricket had gotten into her pillowcase. It was in the corner at the bottom between the pillow and the case. How it got there is still a mystery.

We've discovered the ugly creature--how to get it out? We tried to make a space between the pillow and the case thinking that it would just crawl out--but to no avail. So, we got the great idea of taking the whole thing out to the balcony and then taking out the pillow and shaking the case. Brilliant! Except her pillow was a feather pillow. Which means that in order to get it out of the case, you practically have to grab it from inside the case and tug and pull to release it. No way, no how would either of us do that with a cricket inside. It might touch us!

I don't know how we were able to do it, but we finally got that darn pillow out of the case and shook the case. Instead of the cricket flying over the balcony, it was flipped into the apartment under the couch! Just picture this....2 girls prancing around, shrieking, and holding a pillow by their fingertips. Then after much dancing and crying, screaming that the creepy bug is now in the apartment and between us and our bedrooms. I think we finally just took a deep breath and ran to our rooms.

Don't know what happened to the bug....it may have died from laughter.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Well, the bug may not have died from laughter, but I might! The image of you and "T", whoever she is, "prancing around, shrieking and holding a pillow by their finger tips" is downright hysterical!

Monica said...

I wish I could have been there!!!!! Darn working 2 job!!