Saturday, November 17, 2007

Why am I doing this?

Starting a blog makes me think that I'm succumbing to the gotta-do-as-everybody-does-itis. I admit that it's intriguing to me to be able to write something interesting about everyday occurrences. Manipulating the written language to reflect my thoughts, feelings, personality, etc. is a real challenge. Oh, and of course I have to make it entertaining. Otherwise, why bother reading about it? Telling you that I did my laundry today is so mundane. But telling you that while doing laundry, I was eating ice cream and dropped some on my chest (sans shirt) and scared the cat as I expressed my displeasure....well, that sounds a little more interesting.

And so, I fall to the pressure of blogging and captivating you sufficiently to continue to visit and even to comment. I make no promises...no guarantees that posts will be hilarious or even well written, no pledge that there will be pictures to document the moments, and certainly no committment to such an impossiblity as to post every day.

Therefore, I surrender to the world of commonality--writing about my life for any to read (ok, any that I invite). Perhaps I'll find an outlet for my creativity. Perhaps, you'll find something of worth. Perhaps, we'll both waste time on a mildly entertaining, slightly enlightening, so-so telling of the banality of the life of a Hoosier Mormon.

7 comments:

Funny Farmer said...

Oh dear. Is this going to be one of those risque blogs with *gasp* nudity?

Wait. That was a stupid question.

I think along with your ice cream and cat related accidents, you should write up all your silly stories that you've told me over the months.

oh - and lose the comment moderation, will ya? You inviting people who are going to profane or something? I resent having to jump through hoops like typing "ubsopmpu" in order to verify my authenticity as a human being.

I'm ornery that way. :P

Monica said...

YOU ARE GREAT!!! I love that you are blogging! I know that you will make me laugh (or at least smile) with every entry!
PS. I found out who my strange comment was from! My friend's 9 year old daughter! She couldn't spell right b/c she's 9! I was very relieved!

Funny Farmer said...

Testing testing....

Funny Farmer said...

Yay! I love it when I tell people what to do and they obey!

Beefche said...

Anything to make you feel powerful, Lisa.

Monica, thanks for the pressure to be humorous.

Funny Farmer said...

What's this "feel" business? I AM powerful. Admit it. NOW.

Dyany said...

yay! Beefie's blogging!