Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Practical Joke #2

I used to work with the Youth at church. We had a huge Stake Youth Conference one year in which I helped with the housing committee. We stayed at a local college and used their facilities: cafeteria, dorms, classrooms, etc. A friend of mine who chaired the housing committee had a master key to all the dorm rooms.

The night of the dance, I was chaperoning outside where all the dark corners were (it's just fun to sneak up on a couple of teens in the dark!) when I saw my friend. Suddenly I had the wonderful idea of how to show the girls in my ward that we loved them. Of course D. was up for an outward showing of our affection.

Using her master key, we went into the dorm rooms of our ward. We were able to take all the mattresses and pile them up in the middle of the main hallway. When we removed the mattresses, we replaced the clothes, blankets, pillows, etc. exactly as they were on the bed. It was hilarious just thinking about their reactions.

That night, the girls confronted us. D. confessed almost immediately. I, on the other hand, was able to divert their attention and make them think I had nothing to do with it. In fact, I was so successful that while we were sharing our experience with the other adults, D. was exasperated with me for it. Unthinkingly, I blurted in front of the bishop that I am a GREAT liar. Then I sheepishly looked at Bishop and said, "Except when I'm talking to you, Bishop!"

3 comments:

Funny Farmer said...

Wait... so did the girls lie down on their "beds" and then discover the mattresses were gone, or did they see them in the hallway first?

Beefche said...

They saw a pile of mattresses that was about 6 ft tall in the middle of the hallway. The adult leaders thought they were exempt...until they sat on their "beds."

Funny Farmer said...

Even the adults? You are low.