Friday, August 29, 2008

Who is still reading this?

It's been so long since I've written anything. I'm thinking that now I'm writing just for me. Which is fine...I like me and find my conversation interesting.

I've been in a slump for a long time. It actually started getting worse around the time I went to Bulgaria. I know that my sleeping problems are a big part of it. And Bulgaria was definitely not good for sleep--the travel, the time difference, the bed bugs all contribute to lack of sleep.

But, now I'm back and looking foward to my trip to Hawaii. Which will probably mess with my sleep again--the travel, the time difference, but hopefully no bed bugs.

What was I talking about? Oh, yeah...my depression. I'm trying to change my thinking to help. I've decided that happiness is something that we work for...not a state of mind. But, it is work and I'm lazy. I want to find happiness in my cabinet or drawer and pull it out whenever I need it.

One thing that has me thinking even more is moving. As scary as that sounds, there's a part of me that gets very excited by the prospect of moving to the Mountain West. I love the mountains and always have. But, once again, I'm afraid I'm looking to just open a door to happiness--thinking that moving will solve my problems. I remind myself that it's not a problem solver, but rather a problem trader--one set of problems for another.

6 comments:

Funny Farmer said...

I'm still reading, but it probably would have taken me awhile to find this post if you hadn't told me you were blogging again. I think you should send out an announcement email to let everyone know you're back!

Monica said...

YAE! You're back!!! I had no idea you were thinking of moving out this way!! I would be THRILLED!!!!!!!!!

Tricia said...

I've been faithfully checking your blog every week and beginning to worry that you hadn't posted in a long time. Hope you are feeling better! When is your trip to Hawaii?

Beefche said...

No decisions yet on moving. I'm still considering my situation and whether this is right for me. But it is definitely something that I'm considering more seriously now that I have for a long time.

Hawaii is this month! I leave 9/27 and will enjoy the beaches for a week. Ahhh, I can hear the ocean now.

darthgoofy said...

I still check you blog occationally. I was going to ask how I couldn't keep checking the blog of my favorite crotch-grabber, but I think that was Monica, not you.

Dionne said...

I'm reading, but I've only been checking sporadically - thanks for the announcement e-mail.