Sunday, January 20, 2008

Practical Joke #3

I have some friends who have asked me to watch their house while they were on vacation. One such time, the husband called to ask how things were going (they were worried their dog would give me problems). As we chatted, he said that he hoped I hadn't arranged his videos into some kind of chaos.

After I hung up, I decided that he had given me a great idea to show my appreciation to them. They have many CD's and I thought to help them find some variety in their life. This was before the days of MP3 players, so they actually listened to the CD's. I began to swap out their CD's and the covers. And not a straight swap. I would place an Aerosmith CD in the cover for Transiberian Orchestra. That CD would then be placed into the Grateful Dead CD cover. I thoroughly mixed them all up.

Of course they didn't discover the excitement until they went to listen to some Pink Floyd. After putting in the CD and listening to Christmas Jazz for all of 10 seconds, they quickly realized what had happened. I received a phone call with lots of yelling and threats. I loved it!

This happened almost 10 years ago. Just a few months ago, K. told me that she had grabbed her Van Halen CD, one she hadn't listened to in a long time, to load it into her Ipod. To her surprise, she was listening to some classical music that she thought she had given away. Oops. Gotta love those gifts that keep on giving.

No comments: