Saturday, January 12, 2008

Don't mess with me

A few years ago I was living with a roommate in her house. The house we lived in had an attached garage with a door that led from the house to the garage and another door from the garage to the back yard.

One morning while she was in Utah, I was awoken around 4 am by a noise in the house. I could tell that someone was in the house and doing a search. I was furious! No fear, just pure rage was flowing through me. Not because our things might be taken, but because I was woken up and knew I would have to deal with this burglar and the police and wouldn't be able to get back to sleep before I had to go to work.

Angrily I snarled, "Who's there?!" The very timid, humble voice of my roommate's boyfriend said, "It's me, J. I'm looking for T's flight info." Once I realized I knew who it was, I simply calmed down and went right back to sleep.

1 comment:

darthgoofy said...

When has J. ever been humble?